Please see the below information provided to us by Sport Nottinghamshire.
Earlier this week Sport England announced the launch of the first of five rounds of the Inspired Facilities Fund of £10m/round.
This round is receiving applications between 1 August and 26 September 2011
Round 2 will be 1 February to 2 April 2012 and round 3 will run 23 July to 17 September 2012. Rounds 4 & 5 will be announced in 2013
The link to Sport England’s website pages for the Fund is here http://inspiredfacilities.sportengland.org/ and this will provide you with a large amount of information
Additional key points of note are as follows:
· Voluntary & community sector projects can apply for £20 – 50k, with no matched funding requirement (no weighting applied at assessment stage to level of any matched funding)
· Local authorities and other statutory bodies can apply for £20 – 150k, with a £ for £ matched funding requirement
· Up to 70% of the funding will go to community projects and up to 30% for public bodies
· Awards of up to £50k require 7 years security of tenure on the facility, £51k – 99k need 10 years and £100 – 150k need 15 years or more
· No equipment only awards but equipment can be included as a part of an application
· Sport England funding is entirely capital but an opportunity to add revenue funding is available through Thomas Cook Children’s Charity who are adding £500k for projects with a particular emphasis on disadvantaged children, with no need for a separate application
If you need anything further from us, please don’t hesitate to ask and although consultation with the CSP is not a requirement, it will not harm your application in any way if you do choose to discuss it with us in advance and we are happy to act as advisors and critical friends to you or any clubs and organisations in your area.